Monday, October 07, 2013

FIRST MONDAY TRADE DAYS CANTON, TX


Check out the link above!


Tomorrow is my birthday!  I started celebrating immediately after work on Friday.  My BFF and I headed on a road trip to Canton, TX for 1st Monday!  What started more than a century ago as a flea market has become home to some of the most exciting, cutting-edge home furnishings, antiques and collectibles that can be found anywhere. Over the past 150 years, lots of things have changed in the Original First Monday Park; but the genuine, down-home human relationships between vendors and shoppers are the reason people keep coming back. This is a place where you can slow down, visit and ask questions, talk to collectors and antique dealers and meet the artists and craftsmen who create one-of-a-kind items. We returned home late on Sunday.  We had a BALL!  2 Glorious days of shopping heaven! 
I'll let the pictures tell the story. Enjoy!
  




Dog Beds made from old console tv!



Gorgeous Mums were EVERYWHERE!









We did rent scooters!!








Heading out EARLY Sunday Morning!














Pot & Mum I purchased.




This green ceramic frog was $5. 
His name is Canton and
he resides now on my patio!

 






Today I am enjoying my Monday at home on the patio drinking Gingerbread coffee!  Having lunch this afternoon at my favorite place The Lunchbox with daughter! Tuesday is spa day!  This has been a great birthday weekend!

Sharing here:
Confessions of a Plate Addict
Our Delightful Home
 
Elizabeth and Co.

8 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Neat photos! I like the Christmas sign!

Happy birthday!!!

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

It looks massive. I've always wanted to "be there" instantly, skip the driving. Since that's not possible I probably will never experience 1st Monday in Canton, TX.

My question: Were there any dolls? That is the only reason I'd want to go.

Happy birthday!


dbg

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, what a fabulous place. Love it all. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie! There were not many dolls and less black ones. Both of us STILL turn and look when we see dolls! :) But not worth the trip if that is your only interest. Saw plenty of Barbies, in boxes, with low prices.

priscilla said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip ! Happy Birthday !

Tootsie said...

I have been a follower for a while now...enjoy your musings!

Jan said...

Wow, happy birthday to you, and many happy returns. Looks like you had a great time at a great place - all those treasures! What an overflowing abundance. Were those "city maps" on chalkboard I saw -- awesome! Since I started visiting blogs like yours a few years ago, I am learning how to look at things in a whole new light :)

Unknown said...

That's what I call thrifting in style! LOL...loved those scooters! I love the name of your blog! So true! Your new follower, Lizy at just dip it in chocolate. Have a great weekend!