Saturday, September 14, 2013

House Warming Gift

A longtime girlfriend is having a house warming party this afternoon.  This is the 3rd home that she owns now.  She needs "NOTHING", but isn't that the case for most of us! 

I was on pinterest and the picture below was my inspiration. 


She's remodeled, decorated, the whole nine yards since moving in only a couple months ago!  So I thought this was perfect!



I found the basket at Marshall's.  It's a smaller version of the one I have for my remotes.


I also found the monogrammed napkins at Marshall's.  Although I wasn't actually looking for them, but when I saw them with her initial, I thought hey, why not!

I went back to Goodwill and luckily they still had some chalkboard drinking glasses!  I got 4 more!  Two for the basket, two more for me!

Attaching the hammer was a challenge.  I used tape and raffia.

I made the note on my computer. 




































I played around with the arrangement of the wine, 1 glass or 2, napkins and a small wooden sign that says, "Bless Our Home".


I debated whether to write something on the glasses and the basket.

Decided not to write on glasses, they come with two pieces of chalk in each glass.  She can choose what to write on them!  But I did print her name on the basket.


I hope she likes it!

Sharing Here:






Suburbsmama
BWS tips button









MinettesMaze
party
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Elizabeth and Co.

Photobucket
PinkWhen

12 comments:

Carol said...

that is really cute. I'm sure she'll like it! Have a great weekend!

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

Clever! I'm sure Sue will like it.

dbg

Home Chic Club said...

Great and lovely idea!! Sue will love it!
Blessings and hugs,
Vesna

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! I adore the presentation :)

Shelly said...

What a FUN gift! Love it! I'll be pinning this one! Thanks for sharing on DIY Sunday Showcase!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very cute! What a great housewarming gift idea and it is perfect for people who have everything. Love the saying, too!

Thanks for linking up to The Creative Home & Garden hop!

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Love this idea - definitely a Pin It!
Marie@InteriorFrugalista

xinex said...

What a cute house warming present. So creative! She'll love it....Christine

My Dream Canvas said...

This is so cute! I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas. Have a great week.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Love it! She is fortunate to have you as a friend.

Ivy and Elephants said...

This is a really cute idea! So creative an a perfect house warming gift. Love it!
Patti

Recreate and Decorate said...

omgosh what a cute idea! I am sure she enjoyed this gift, very nice!!
Thanks for linking to DIY Sunday Showcase.